I Want to join SGSD
The use of dogs in search and rescue (SAR) is a valuable component in wilderness tracking, natural disasters, mass casualty events, and in locating missing people. Dedicated handlers and well-trained dogs are required for the use of dogs to be effective in search efforts.
Think You’ve Got What It Takes
Do you have what it takes to be a search dog handler?
• A team player
• The right K9 partner
• Time – Both your own and team training
• Willingness to learn
• Understanding family
• Reliable transportation
• Physical stamina
• Mental toughness – Not all searches end well
• Love being outdoors in all weather conditions
• Finances to afford gear, travel and training
• Pass a criminal background check